Canvas @ UArts //
What is Canvas?
Canvas is the online learning management system (LMS) used at the University of the Arts. In addition to serving as a central repository for course materials, Canvas provides a broad palette of tools for collaboration, communication, assessment and feedback. Starting in Fall 2020, all UArts courses will have a Canvas site.
Logging Into Canvas
You can log into Canvas in two ways:
- Via the UArts Portal; the link to Canvas is listed under Popular University Applications in the Favorites navigation bar.
- Via the direct URL, https://uarts.instructure.com. For easy reference, save the link as a Favorite on your computer and devices.
You can also download the Canvas app to your mobile device:
|For Students:||iOS / Apple||Android|
|For Faculty:||iOS / Apple||Android|
When you log into Canvas, make sure to use your UArts network login (without “@uarts.edu”) and password
Use of Canvas
All faculty are required to use Canvas to post course materials, assignments, and the course syllabus. Faculty will also use Canvas Announcements and Conversations/Inbox for course communications.
Students are expected to familiarize themselves with Canvas, view each of their courses in Canvas on or before the course start date, and log into Canvas on a daily basis.
Canvas Tech Support
Canvas Help Menu
Use the Report a Problem feature in the Canvas Help menu if something is going wrong.
The OTIS Help Desk is staffed by professional consultants who are trained to assist with technical issues. You can contact the Help Desk in the following ways:
- Students can learn about the tools faculty will be using in Canvas by taking the Passport to Canvas course, which you will see when you log into Canvas.
- Additional help is available to students by using the Canvas Student Guide.
For Faculty and Staff
- Teaching at UArts with Canvas, a resource designed and maintained by the CTL with instructions and tips on how to design a course in Canvas to facilitate remote teaching. (This resource contains the content provided in the Getting Started with Canvas course offered in Summer 2020. Additional content will be created in response to faculty needs.)
- Growing with Canvas, a self-paced, introductory course on how to use various Canvas tools. This course will appear in your course list when you log into Canvas.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) offers Canvas training throughout the year. For information on upcoming training sessions and registration, see the Programs & Events section of the CTL portal page.
- Book an appointment to obtain help on how to use Canvas features or to explore how Canvas can meet your course goals by emailing email@example.com.