FIND ARTICLES //
These sites contain copyrighted material that may be freely used for academic pursuits at The University of the Arts. Please contact the University Libraries for information on using these materials in other contexts.
Powered by Ebsco Discovery Service, OneSearch searches almost all of our articles, books, videos, and audio, regardless of the database that provides them. From your OneSearch results, you can directly access EBSCOhost items or link to items in other databases or the lib.
OneSearch often returns a huge number of search results. Use the limiters in the left-hand column to focus on the items you're interested in.
Members of the UArts community may register a New York Times account for access to the nytimes.com website and smartphone app. Follow this link to sign up. Once registered, you may sign in directly at nytimes.com. Registrations last for a year and may be renewed once they are up.
Nexis Uni (formerly LexisNexis Academic)
- database of wide-ranging news, business, legal and reference information
- contains full text documents from over 5,900 publications including newspapers, journals, newsletters, broadcast transcripts, wire services, financial reports, and other medical and legal sources
- source lists available by clicking icon next to publication types
- results can be printed, saved or e-mailed - be sure to e-mail full text from full text display
ProQuest: The Arts offers a combined interface for searching Art Bibliographies Modern, Design and Applied Arts Index, International Index to Music Periodicals, and International Index to Performing Arts. Many articles include full-text.
More Article Sources
Art History Research net (AHRnet) (formerly Arts Search)
- Art+Architecture Profiles (AAP): profiles of contemporary designers, architects & craftspeople covered in DAR
- Design Abstracts Retrospective (DAR): index of select international 20th C. design journals
- ReView: scanned images of select 19th & 20th C. design journals.
- Research Sources: 1. The Poster: digitizations of most of the significant books, exhibition catalogs and journals on the Poster published between 1890s-1920s
"The Chronicle of Higher Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators."
- free full-text articles from peer-reviewed journals browsable by title or subject
- scientific and scholarly subjects
- article searching for over 1,000 journals
- Academic Search Elite (covering the sciences, humanities, and more): contains full text for more than 2,100 journals, Nearly 150 journals have PDF images dating back to 1985.
- Art Source (Art Abstracts, Art Full Text, Art Index, Art Index Retrospective, and 63,000 images): covers a broad range of related subjects, from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. It provides over 600 full-text journals and more than 220 full-text books.
- Film & Television Literature Index with Full Text: provides cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 380 publications (and selected coverage of 300), as well as full text for more than 120 journals, and 100 books. In addition, it includes Variety movie reviews from 1914 to the present and over 36,300 images from the MPTV Image Archive.
- Readers' Guide Retrospective: 1890-1982: provides indexing of over three million articles from more than 550 leading magazines, including full coverage of the original print volumes of Readers’ Guide to Periodical Literature™.
- published by the U. S. Department of Education
- contains more than one million citations to a broad collection of education-related resources
- includes journal articles, government reports, conference proceedings, curriculum guides, bibliographies, etc.
- provides links to the full-text of selected non-journal documents
- ERIC Thesaurus lists subject headings that the database uses as descriptors.
- database of back runs of core scholarly journals, some dating back to the 1600s
- contains full text articles that can be printed or downloaded
- UArts subscribes to JSTORs 'Arts & Sciences III, IV, V, and VIII' collection, which indexes a total of 1208 journals in the arts & humanities, including language and literature, as well as important titles in the fields of music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the history and study of art and architecture
Choice of 3 search types: Basic, Advanced, and Article Locator. Use Advanced for greater control over search; use Article Locator for citation searching.
Browse Journal titles to select from entire run.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Drama Criticism
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism
"The largest curated online collection of literary criticism in the world, Literature Criticism Online brings together ... acclaimed multidisciplinary series representing a range of modern and historical views on authors and their works across regions, eras and genres. Multiple search options are combined with an engaging format that matches the look and feel of the print originals." --Gale/Cengage Learning
A guide to publications on music from all over the world, includes over 620,000 records.
Over 30,000 articles with weekly updates by music journalists collected over the last 50 years, covering all popular music genres from rock to rockabilly, jazz to hip hop. Rock's Backpages also includes streaming audio interviews with artists ranging from Afrika Bambaataa to Lemmy to The Zombies, curated from the 70s to today.