Book Donations //
The University Libraries accepts book donations when we have the available space and staff time to process them. Before making a donation, please contact email@example.com to see if we are currently accepting donations.
All donations must be approved in advance. Please do not drop off books unannounced.
All donations become the property of the University of the Arts and their ultimate disposition is at the sole discretion of the university. In general, donated materials are either: added to library collections, sold to students at a nominal price, or sent to Better World Books for sale on consignment.
We will provide a formal letter of acknowledgement for gifts, but we can not provide a monetary value for donated items.
When considering whether to accept a donation, it is helpful for us to have as much information about the materials as possible. A title list is ideal, but a general count of items, their subject matter, and condition are all useful. Feel free to send us photographs of the collection.
We can not pick up donations, but will work with you to find a convenient time for them to be dropped off.
We gladly accept:
- Books in good condition that relate to our curricula in the visual and performing arts, film, creative writing, and general education
- LPs of popular music, jazz, or musical theater
We can not accept:
- Materials that are damaged (e.g. warping from water, underlining or notes in the margins, a smell of mildew, significant yellowing of paper)
- Magazines, journals, or other periodicals
- Catalogs of goods or services
- CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, audio or video tapes
- If you have audio/visual materials that document the creative output of our students, please contact Laura Grutzeck; Special, Archival & Digital Collections Librarian; who will evaluate them for possible inclusion in the University Archives.
Thank you! We appreciate your interest in donating to the UArts Libraries!