- database of significant published criticism on the works of novelists, poets, playwrights, short story writers, and other creative writers now living or who have died AFTER January 1, 2000
- contains full-text critical essays taken from books, magazines, literary reviews, newspapers, and scholarly journals preceded by complete bibliographical citations
- each entry also includes biographical information and suggestions for further reading
- due to copyright issues, coverage is NOT the same as in the print volumes
- free full-text articles from peer-reviewed journals browsable by title or subject
- scientific and scholarly subjects
- article searching for over 1,000 journals
Art AbstractsINDEX BEGINS 1983
ABSTRACTS BEGIN 1994
Art Index Retrospective1929-1984 NO ABSTRACTS
- bibliographic databases that index art-related periodicals worldwide
- search for both articles and reproductions of works of art
Film & Television Literature Index
- bibliographic database that provides international coverage of all areas of film and television
- indexes articles in over 500 journals
- covers topics in theory, writing, production, preservation & restoration, cinematography,
technical aspects, as well as program and film reviews.
Omni File Full Text MegaINDEX BEGINS 1982
ABSTRACTS BEGIN 1984
FULL-TEXT BEGINS 1994
- multidisciplinary database providing indexing, abstracts and full-text
- combination of six Wilson databases: Standard Catalogs Education Full Text, General Science Full Text, Humanities Full Text, Readers' Guide Full Text, Social Sciences Full Text, and Wilson Business Full Text.
- full-text coverage varies among individual journals
- databases can be searched separately or at the same time
- results can be limited to peer-reviewed journals (or full-text where available)
- results can be saved, printed or e-mailed
- published by the U. S. Department of Education
- contains more than one million citations to a broad collection of education-related resources
- includes journal articles, government reports, conference proceedings, curriculum guides, bibliographies, etc.
- now provides links to the full-text of selected non-journal documents
- ERIC Thesaurus lists subject headings that the database uses as descriptors.
- database of back runs of core scholarly journals, some dating back to the 1600s
- contains full text scanned articles that can be printed or downloaded
- UArts subscribes to JSTORs 'Arts & Sciences III' collection, which indexes 151 journals in the arts & humanities, including language and literature, as well as important titles in the fields of music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the history and study of art and architecture
Choice of 3 search types: Basic, Advanced, and Article Locator. Use Advanced for greater control over search; use Article Locator for citation searching.
Browse Journal titles to select from entire run.
TO PRINT: in order to print entire article, use PRINT command in JSTOR instead of your browser; default is high-quality PDF which requires Adobe, or you can download a software helper application, JPRINT.
- database of wide-ranging news, business, legal and reference information
- contains full text documents from over 5,900 publications including newspapers, journals, newsletters, broadcast transcripts, wire services, financial reports, and other medical and legal sources
- source lists available by clicking icon next to publication types
- results can be printed, saved or e-mailed - be sure to e-mail full text from full text display
Refer to both 'Help or Tutorials to get started.
Use the Narrow Search feature to reduce your results.
View search results as lists, KWIC (KeyWord In Context) and full-text.
See the LexisNexis list of Smartindexing terms.
Use 'Power Search' for more ways to search including limiting to a particular publication title.
To quickly judge relevancy, display your results in KWIC (KeyWord In Context) format that shows only sentences containing your search terms.