Art+Architecture Profiles (AAP): profiles of contemporary designers, architects & craftspeople covered in DAR
ReView: scanned images of select 19th & 20th C. design journals.
- database of significant published criticism on the works of novelists, poets, playwrights, short story writers, and other creative writers now living or who have died AFTER January 1, 2000
- contains full-text critical essays taken from books, magazines, literary reviews, newspapers, and scholarly journals preceded by complete bibliographical citations
- each entry also includes biographical information and suggestions for further reading
- due to copyright issues, coverage is NOT the same as in the print volumes
- free full-text articles from peer-reviewed journals browsable by title or subject
- scientific and scholarly subjects
- article searching for over 1,000 journals
- Academic Search Elite (covering the sciences, humanities, and more): contains full text for more than 2,100 journals, Nearly 150 journals have PDF images dating back to 1985.
- Art Source (Art Abstracts, Art Full Text, Art Index, Art Index Retrospective, and 63,000 images): covers a broad range of related subjects, from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. It provides over 600 full-text journals and more than 220 full-text books.
- Film & Television Literature Index with Full Text: provides cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 380 publications (and selected coverage of 300), as well as full text for more than 120 journals, and 100 books. In addition, it includes Variety movie reviews from 1914 to the present and over 36,300 images from the MPTV Image Archive.
- Readers' Guide Retrospective: 1890-1982: provides indexing of over three million articles from more than 550 leading magazines, including full coverage of the original print volumes of Readers’ Guide to Periodical Literature™.
- published by the U. S. Department of Education
- contains more than one million citations to a broad collection of education-related resources
- includes journal articles, government reports, conference proceedings, curriculum guides, bibliographies, etc.
- now provides links to the full-text of selected non-journal documents
- ERIC Thesaurus lists subject headings that the database uses as descriptors.
- database of back runs of core scholarly journals, some dating back to the 1600s
- contains full text scanned articles that can be printed or downloaded
- UArts subscribes to JSTORs 'Arts & Sciences III, V, and VIII' collection, which indexes a total of 683 journals in the arts & humanities, including language and literature, as well as important titles in the fields of music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the history and study of art and architecture
Choice of 3 search types: Basic, Advanced, and Article Locator. Use Advanced for greater control over search; use Article Locator for citation searching.
Browse Journal titles to select from entire run.
TO PRINT: in order to print entire article, use PRINT command in JSTOR instead of your browser; default is high-quality PDF which requires Adobe, or you can download a software helper application, JPRINT.
- database of wide-ranging news, business, legal and reference information
- contains full text documents from over 5,900 publications including newspapers, journals, newsletters, broadcast transcripts, wire services, financial reports, and other medical and legal sources
- source lists available by clicking icon next to publication types
- results can be printed, saved or e-mailed - be sure to e-mail full text from full text display
Refer to both 'Help or Tutorials to get started.
Use the Narrow Search feature to reduce your results.
View search results as lists, KWIC (KeyWord In Context) and full-text.
See the LexisNexis list of Smartindexing terms.
Use 'Power Search' for more ways to search including limiting to a particular publication title.
To quickly judge relevancy, display your results in KWIC (KeyWord In Context) format that shows only sentences containing your search terms.