FIND ARTICLES //
Powered by Ebsco Discovery Service, OneSearch searches almost all of our articles, books, videos, and audio, regardless of the database that provides them. From your OneSearch results, you can directly access EBSCOhost items or link to items in other databases or the lib.
OneSearch often returns a huge number of search results. Use the limiters in the left-hand column to focus on the items you're interested in.
- database of wide-ranging news, business, legal and reference information
- contains full text documents from over 5,900 publications including newspapers, journals, newsletters, broadcast transcripts, wire services, financial reports, and other medical and legal sources
- source lists available by clicking icon next to publication types
- results can be printed, saved or e-mailed - be sure to e-mail full text from full text display
Refer to both 'Help or Tutorials to get started.
Use the Narrow Search feature to reduce your results.
View search results as lists, KWIC (KeyWord In Context) and full-text.
See the LexisNexis list of Smartindexing terms.
Use 'Power Search' for more ways to search including limiting to a particular publication title.
To quickly judge relevancy, display your results in KWIC (KeyWord In Context) format that shows only sentences containing your search terms.
Members of the UArts community may register a New York Times account for access to the nytimes.com website and smartphone app. Follow this link to sign up. Once registered, you may sign in directly at nytimes.com. Registrations last for a year and may be renewed once they are up.
ProQuest: The Arts offers a combined interface for searching Art Bibliographies Modern, Design and Applied Arts Index, International Index to Music Periodicals, and International Index to Performing Arts. Many articles include full-text.
More Article Sources
- Art+Architecture Profiles (AAP): profiles of contemporary designers, architects & craftspeople covered in DAR
- Design Abstracts Retrospective (DAR): index of select international 20th C. design journals
- ReView: scanned images of select 19th & 20th C. design journals.
- free full-text articles from peer-reviewed journals browsable by title or subject
- scientific and scholarly subjects
- article searching for over 1,000 journals
- published by the U. S. Department of Education
- contains more than one million citations to a broad collection of education-related resources
- includes journal articles, government reports, conference proceedings, curriculum guides, bibliographies, etc.
- provides links to the full-text of selected non-journal documents
- ERIC Thesaurus lists subject headings that the database uses as descriptors.
- database of back runs of core scholarly journals, some dating back to the 1600s
- contains full text articles that can be printed or downloaded
- UArts subscribes to JSTORs 'Arts & Sciences III, IV, V, and VIII' collection, which indexes a total of 1208 journals in the arts & humanities, including language and literature, as well as important titles in the fields of music, film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion, and the history and study of art and architecture
Choice of 3 search types: Basic, Advanced, and Article Locator. Use Advanced for greater control over search; use Article Locator for citation searching.
Browse Journal titles to select from entire run.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Drama Criticism
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism
"The largest curated online collection of literary criticism in the world, Literature Criticism Online brings together ... acclaimed multidisciplinary series representing a range of modern and historical views on authors and their works across regions, eras and genres. Multiple search options are combined with an engaging format that matches the look and feel of the print originals." --Gale/Cengage Learning
A guide to publications on music from all over the world, includes over 620,000 records.