Electronic course reserve (ECR) service allows students to access course reserve materials electronically from anywhere via the library catalog. Photocopies are scanned as PDF documents and made available via the library online catalog. We can also easily add electronic documents.
To use this service, your students must have an active UArts email account, and their library record must be up-to-date. Students will also need a course password to download the documents from the catalog. Faculty will be provided with a password by library staff, which will need to be distributed to students by the course instructor.
Please review our ECR guidelines below before submitting materials.
What You Must Provide
- Course Reserve Request Form
Please fill out a course reserve request form (see below) for ECR materials. You MUST include all source/citation information. Write ‘ECR’ in the call number line of the Course Reserve Request Form.
- Photocopies of Readings
You must supply photocopies or PDFs of any requested materials. Please see below for more details. Articles from the libraries' subscription databases may be used without securing copyright permission and do not require additional processing.
- ECR is for required readings only.
- Course packets and required or entire books cannot be placed on ECR.
Photocopy Cuidelines for ECR
- Use 8 1/2 x 11 paper size.
- Single-sided copies only.
- Make clear copies without big black areas.
- No staples, wrinkles, or hole punches.
- Include page numbers.
- If you shrink the text to fit, please make sure it is still legible.
- Files should not exceed 4MB. (Note: One reading can be made into two separate files.)
- Please e-mail files to Bill Rooney (email@example.com) for Greenfield Library reserves, or Phoebe Kowalewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Music Library reserves. You may also drop off a CD at the Greenfield Library or Music Library.
- The scanning settings used at the library are: Black and White Document, OCR, and 300 dpi.
- Make sure full citation information accompanies the excerpt/article. Include title page, copyright page, or any page that provides source information.
- By copyright law, including educational fair use, excerpts cannot exceed approximately 15% of the total book.
- No more than 25 (8 1/2 x 11) pages per selection.
Course Reserve Request Form
Print outs of the request form are available at each library. You may also use the Online Request Form.